Company Name: Persia Food Products Inc.
Location: 8360 Prince Edward Street, Vancouver BC Canada V5X 3R9
E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Number of Positions: 1
Position: Vice President of Operations - 0015
Duration: Permanent, Full-Time
Overtime: As per prov standards - $69 after 8hrs/day, 40hrs/wk
We are looking for a Vice President of Operations to take charge of streamlining our business and guiding us through our expansion. This position works very closely with and reports directly to the President of the company and whose authority will stretch over the entire organization.
We currently have 8 locations, but with the successful candidate’s organizational experience, they will pave the way for expansion. This position is critical to our growth – as such, it is a high pressure, high demand position with great challenges and great rewards. The successful candidate must have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and be able to handle a fast-paced office environment.
This position is as much about soft skills as it is about hard experience – to be successful in this position, key personal attributes will include being assertive without being stubborn or aggressive; being firm but open to input from others and flexing when it makes sense; being approachable to all subordinates; and being respectful and compassionate to the needs of all of our staff, among other personality and interpersonal skills. To lead and enable the degree of expansion mentioned above, the successful candidate will be able to facilitate this growth while maintaining the overall wellbeing of our staff.
- A business Admin or finance related degree – other degrees will be considered in conjunction with years of senior management experience
- Proven track record as a team leader with an understanding of management practices
- Strong business acumen with a broad understanding of fundamental business principles
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate and build a consensus in a high-pressure environment
- 3-5 years in middle management with escalating experience handling people and products
- 3-5 years in upper management with significant experience in planning, forecasting, problem solving, etc.
- Detail Oriented, working with a High Degree of Accuracy
- Ability to Multitask and Meet Changing Deadlines
- Ability to manage and organize Multi-Team Operations
- Ability to be self-directed and be able to handle the Supervision of Projects
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Abide by, and implement, the rules and directions given by the President, the Chief Executive Officer, and/or the Board of Directors
- Maintain awareness of both the external and internal competitive landscape, opportunities for expansion, customers, markets, and new industry developments and standards.
- Be aware of any opportunities the organization can leverage and pursue for its advantage
- Coordinate with the President to refine and/or create the organization's overall vision, mission, values, beliefs, policies, objectives and strategic goals
- Make reasonable and strategic binding contractual commitments to benefit the company and for which it is legally liable for
- Evaluate the performance of the organization and its ability to meet objectives
- Determine where costs can be reduced, what can be improved, and what should be changed
- Confer with staff to discuss issues, coordinate activities or resolve problems
- Define, plan, and implement operations strategies, structures, and processes in order to create useful programs that will attain growth and profit, and implement better procedures and management methods
- Provide regular performance updates to the senior leadership team
- Coordinate departments and locations and provide support to operations throughout the business
- Meet with department supervisors and/or other managers to discuss budget and resource allocation and authorize the required material, personnel, and resources to implement any strategic departmental programs
- Appoint department heads and managers and assign responsibilities
***** Please submit all resumes via email email@example.com *****
We look forward hearing from you and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Persia Food Products Inc. is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.