Jewish Federation of Greater Vancouver is uniquely positioned as the central organization in the Jewish community where community members and donors can make a lasting difference. Federation builds strong, vibrant and enduring Jewish communities locally, in Israel and overseas. We are the planning, allocating and fundraising body for beneficiary agencies that provide humanitarian, social, and educational services. We work closely with our partner agencies to identify needs and generate the financial resources to meet them through an annual fundraising campaign and special giving opportunities
Join our team and help improve the lives of community members and people around the world.
We are looking for a Vice President, Operations and Finance.
As a member of the Senior Management Team, the VP, Finance and Operations manages the financial, information technology and human resource operations of Jewish Federation. The VP contributes to the development and implementation of the operational strategy and provides operational stewardship, creating an engaging workplace and executing on the strategic plan of Jewish Federation of Greater Vancouver.
- Serve as an effective and strategic member of the senior management team, creating a positive and inclusive work environment
- Manage day-to-day operations of Jewish Federation (including IT, Human Resource and Facilities) and provides oversight to Finance and Accounting Department.
- Contribute to the development of short and long-term strategic plans and Key Performance Indicators to enable the business to plan for current and future operations, and achieve business goals
- Acts as the primary liaison with Treasurer and Finance Committee
- Oversee financial reporting and preparation of budgets, enabling board and management to assess financial risk and safeguard the assets
- Develop, implement and enforce policies, procedures and systems to improve the overall operation.
- Manage facilities, information technology, systems, procedures and controls.
- Develop & implement human resource strategies to create a safe, positive working environment for all employees
- Manages administrative and policy support for Federation’s Human Resource Functions.
- Develop talent and resourcing plans, overseeing and executing on recruitment, selection, training, and evaluation of staff in Operations and Finance Departments
- Assure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Competencies and Characteristics:
- A collaborative and engaging leader who helps the team to deliver on the strategic plan in accordance with the mission, values and vision of the organization
- Takes a strategic outlook, applying detailed oversight to risk and regulations, operation attention to all aspects of running an organization
- Ability to manage across a broad portfolio of functional areas who staying focused on strategic priorities and goals
- High-level knowledge of business management and experience managing budgeting, accounting, and non-profit, public benefit charitable financial organizations
- Mature attitude towards interactions and issues and tend to like doing more rather than less in the performance of your job
- Recent senior-level experience in a finance/operations position, ideally in a not-for-profit environment requiring interaction with a Board of Directors
- Bachelor degree required;
- Completion of a recognized professional accounting designation such as CPA is preferred. Record of ongoing development of professional and technical knowledge.
- Ability to strategize the future but also to operationalize and deliver on goals and priorities.
- Strong proficiency in effective utilization of human resources.
- Previous oversight of information systems and information technology is preferred
- Experience in the philanthropic or non-profit area with exposure to CRA regulations and accounting standards for non-profit organizations would be an asset
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted. No walk-ins or phone calls, please.