Premier Group of Companies (Premier Marine/Premier Canada) is a leader in the Specialty Insurance industry. Our people are committed to performance, positive outcomes, and career development that lead to mutual success for our organization and its clients. If you believe in a job well done, then consider the following:
Vice President – Personal Lines, Head Office - Vancouver
We are looking for someone who will lead our growing underwriting department into the future. We need a dynamic individual who can leverage all of our existing resources and talent to help us expand. Do you have the drive and the leadership experience to take this exciting role on? If you do, then we have a great position for you to work in a professional agile dynamic environment with a competitive compensation plan.
Job responsibilities will include:
In this position your primary responsibility/mandate will be to:
To oversee all Personal Lines Underwriting Department
- Lead and develop all underwriting teams - Directors/Underwriters responsible for Underwriting – Personal Lines
- Ensuring alignment of individual roles and performance with our business model
- Participate in the recruitment process to attract the right people to the right roles
- Aid in the training and educational upgrading of all underwriting staff.
- Conduct audits of files on individual underwriters.
- Assisting teams with preparing professional referrals to Carrier Partners
- Establish and promote a team environment based on high trust and performance
- Working with Executive on proposals for (new and renewal) presentations to Carrier Partners - developing wordings, rating matrices and risk selection methodology. Staying on top of all market trends.
- Working with Director of Sales/Marketing on Product Communication material – for the benefit of internal teams and external brokers. Assisting with presenting/attending/creating Broker Seminars.
- Working with Director of Claims on emerging claims issues and loss experience/trends.
Participate on Leadership Team
- Identifying growth opportunities working in co-ordination with President/COO to determine areas for potential growth.
- Enhancing and Developing Carrier Relationships/Partnerships working in co-ordination with Executive team
- Prepare for and attend leadership strategic meetings
- Assist with budget preparation (for underwriting department) and development of all company business plans
- Prepare and participate in board meetings upon request by Executive team
- University Degree and or specific college program related to insurance required
- CIP (Chartered Insurance Professional) or FCIP designation is required
- Minimum 10 years of experience in underwriting and or claims. Asset if experienced in all lines of insurance – personal, commercial and marine.
- Experience leading teams, creating a positive and professional work environment
- Experience developing employees for growth and career development
- Experience implementing new technology tools and managing the change process
- Ability to use sound judgment and effective decision-making skills
- Superior communication skills, including written and oral
- Strong negotiation skills as well as conflict resolution abilities
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy
Founded in 1989, Premier Group of Companies is Head quartered in Vancouver, with over
160 employees. Premier Group has branch locations in Toronto, London, Cambridge, Laval, San Diego, Maryland, Seattle, and a subsidiary company in Santa Rosa California. Premier Group of Companies includes Premier Canada, Premier Marine, and Oceanic. Visit our website for more information on our company and the various specialty insurance products we offer – www.premiergroup.ca
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and resume outlining their qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org . We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. However, only those under consideration will be contacted.