Accountable/responsible for providing strategic leadership and direction, aligned with the overall business strategy to drive growth of regional account revenues and profitability. Responsible for mentoring, coaching and developing a team of Regional Sales Managers accountable for growing account revenues and expanding customer share of wallet.
- Work with Regional Sales Managers and front-line sales to ensure superior service and support on key accounts
- Support in the development and implementation of strategic account plans by ensuring that targets are being delivered and sales volume is increasing within each major account
- Executes strategies to achieve revenue and targets
- Develop strategic and operational plans for the business development function
- Work with the Key Account Managers to understand their insights into the account marketplace and guide with new client business opportunities
- Proactively support the building of a sales pipeline and develop, manage, and close strategic opportunities
- Travel to customer and prospect sites and attend regional and national tradeshows and conferences as necessary
- Foster a customer-centric attitude, drive customer priorities, and build effective customer relationships
- Ensure Wajax sales priorities are well defined and attained
- Participate in varied senior management functions, as required, to ensure company success
- Identify opportunities for growth in region, interacting with Sales, Marketing and Operations
- Collaborate with recruitment personnel to ensure apt practice and coverage of growth through interviewing, hiring and developing talented candidates
- Ensure assigned facilities are visited a minimum of twice monthly with available RDs
- Mentor, coach, resolve problems, conduct brainstorming, and supervise Sales Managers
- Work closely with project sourcing, technical, marketing and senior management teams to develop sector-specific strategies that will attract and retain clients.
- Maintain market antennae - research and return the latest trends and opportunities in target Wajax markets
Education: Bachelor Degree Required
Work Experience: 10-15 years experience in strategic account management to support account planning efforts; relationship management, networking and account strategy capabilities in a diverse multi-account environment
Knowledge: Experience / deep expertise in subject matter, industry and end markets; strong understanding of marketing strategy and execution
Proficiency: Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint an asset
Since 1858, Wajax has been serving major Canadian industries as one of the nation’s leading mobile equipment, power systems, and industrial products and services providers. Wajax operates in the mining, oil sands, oil & gas, construction, forestry, industrial/commercial, transportation, and metal processing industries – to name a few.
Wajax offers a total compensation package that includes competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, learning and development, as well as some unique additional “perks.” Highlights include:
- 100% employer paid medical and dental benefits with no waiting period for eligibility
- Wajax-led e-learning, and product training through industry leading manufacturers such as Hitachi, 3M, and Detroit Diesel.
- Discounts with the “Big 3” auto manufacturers, equivalent to their internal employee pricing.
Wajax is committed to employing a workforce that is representative of the diverse communities across Canada in which we do business. As an equal opportunity employer, please inform us if any accommodation is required if contacted for an interview.
As a condition of employment, final candidates will be subject to pre-screening.
\\ Together we get more done.