Vocational Evaluator - FIT For Work
St. John's, NL
We are seeking a full-time Vocational Evaluator to join our team!
The successful candidate must posses any one, or a combination, of the following certifications:
- Canadian Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CCRC)
- Registered Rehabilitation Professional (RRP)
- Certified Vocational Rehabilitation Professional (CVRP)
If you do not have such a designation, it is mandatory that you have a minimum of 3 years of Vocational Rehabilitation specific experience and one of these certifications MUST be obtained within 3 months of employment.
As a Vocational Evaluator at FIT For Work you will assist the insurers who are our customers by assessing their claimants on work history, education, and volunteer experience to identify alternate vocational options which are safe and suitable for these clients to explore. Detailed reports will be sent to referring agencies on the options identified. You will also work with clients to assist them with work force re-entry by providing coaching on resume development, job finding, interview skills and other vocational elements. In some cases you will work directly with a psychologist to determine suitable retraining or upgrading options for clients for whom this option is available.
In this role, you will make a difference in the lives of Canadians through assisting injured individuals in obtaining employment and returning to the workforce, identifying prospective employers, and assisting them in securing safe and suitable alternate employment.
Your responsibilities include:
- Writing detailed reports according to customer requirements
- Conducting vocational profiles to determine employment history, education and experience
- Conducting TSA’s, Vocational Evaluations and Psycho-Vocational Assessments (in conjunction with a psychologist)
- Facilitating job search workshops
- Completing resumes
- Conducting labor market research
- Identifying suitable job options and return to work plans
- Providing job placement support, career and employment counseling
- Some weekly travel is needed on the Avalon Peninsula
Successful candidates will possess:
- CCRC, RRP or CVRP designation or ability to obtain same within 3 months of employment
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in vocational assessment, career and employment counseling, job development/placement is required.
- Case management, counseling and/or disability management experience is an asset
- Candidates should have a strong understanding of the NL labour market, NOC and training options within the province.