Global Gourmet Foods is a federally registered food manufacturer who supplies premium products to key accounts in food service, restaurants, retailers and institutions. With two production facilities in Richmond, we are looking for dynamic individuals to join our fast growing company.
Terms of Employment:
Permanent, Full Time
$125,000.00$-235,001.60 Per Annum, Extended Health and Dental Benefits
Financial Support for relocations: Up to total of $7,000 financial support for relocations of
Canadians or permanent residents.
Anticipated Start Date:
As soon as possible
The Vice President of Operations (VP Operations) will have responsibility for helping to develop and execute the strategic and tactical plans for the manufacturing operations side of the business, which includes strategic planning, plant design, capital project planning and budgeting, operational management of the business and product manufacturing operations. VP Operations will report to and work alongside the COO who is responsible for overall operations.
Directing and in working with the Operations Manager and management team to:
1. Participates in developing and executing company strategy, goals, and other key initiatives
2. Plan, organize, direct and control daily operations, Evaluate efficiency of production
3. Determine adequacy of personnel, equipment and technologies used for operations,
4. Maintain inventory, prepare work schedules
5. Schedule and oversee the maintenance of plant equipment, Plan and manage budgets
6. Direct quality control inspections
7. Develop production reporting procedures, Oversee the analysis of data and information, Analyze cost and quality data.
8. Ensures that all facilities and working conditions are safe and in compliance with all regulatory statutes
9. Oversees the hiring of all key operations personnel
Qualifications and Employment requirements:
1. Must have direct experience at a management level in managing a kettle cooking Production facilities.
2. Must have experience in high volume manufacturing.
3. Deep knowledge of 'best practices' in operations.
4. Ability to create high performance teams via strong recruiting, mentoring/leadership skills.
5. Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintaining them over time.
6. Conduct performance reviews, establish and implement safe work practices and procedures
7. 10 years' minimum experience in operations leadership positions
8. Must have experience with: chill line systems, vertical form fill machines for wet product, volumetric/rotary pumps, multi head tub lines, boilers, refrigeration engineering and design, refrigeration engineering and design, kettles, mixing tanks and automated boxing equipment, plc programming knowledge
9. Hands on experience as a manufacturing/process engineer earlier in career
Extended Health and Dental Benefit