Mylo is on a mission to help Canadians achieve their financial goals. The Mylo app makes it easy for everyone to save by automatically rounding up their purchases and investing the spare change, but roundups are just the beginning. To help our users across all aspects of their financial lives, we use data to develop personalized insights, recommendations and services.
Now, we are looking for more great people who want to be part of a high-energy startup reshaping the financial services industry. If you want to work with talented people, solve big problems and make life better for hundreds of thousands of people, in Canada and beyond, come join us at Mylo.
The Role: VP Product
You’re looking for an opportunity to build and scale a product that delights millions of users and makes an impact. We’re looking for a product leader who is curious, creative and collaborative and enjoys building teams. This role is a great fit for someone with significant product launch experience.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Deeply understand users’ needs and translate those insights into innovations
- Maintain competitive benchmarking and track market trends in personal finance and fintech
- Manage the product roadmap through collaboration with stakeholders in leadership and across business units
- Manage the product cycle from strategic planning through tactical product development to monitoring outcomes
- Partner with engineering to build and iterate on products that drive growth, engagement and retention
- Lead, coach and grow a talented product and design team
- Define and drive metrics
- Curious and analytical - you love diving into data and getting to actionable user insights
- Communicator and influencer - you know how to tell a story and transmit a vision to others
- Collaborative - you’re a team-player who builds alignment
- Entrepreneurial problem-solver - you know how to prioritize, build fast and iterate
- Motivated by impact and growth - you want to make a difference at scale
- 8 years of relevant experience with minimum 3 years in a product management role
- Track record of developing products that scale
- Experience with people management
- Familiarity with Agile methodology
- Background in marketing, design, consumer research or engineering
- Start-up experience
- Consumer products (B2C)
- Financial services
- Bilingual English/French
Mylo is Canada’s fastest growing fintech, and we’re just getting started. Since launching in July 2017, Mylo has been downloaded over 400,000 times and has already helped over 125,000 Canadians save and invest, many for the very first time.
We’ve been featured in major media across the country, won a deal on Dragons’ Den, and acquired an asset management firm with over $120M AUM. Our CEO Phil Barrar was nominated for EY Entrepreneur of the Year, made the Bay St Bull’s 30<30 List, and has raised $3.9M in funding to date, most notably from Desjardins Capital, the venture capital arm of North America's largest association of credit unions.
What We Offer
In a short time, our team has grown from just a few to almost 30 people. At Mylo, we value making an impact, asking the tough questions and being inclusive. Our people and their passion are what truly set us apart.
- Open-concept offices in St-Henri (dogs are welcome!)
- Comprehensive health benefits package and extras like subsidized metro/bus pass
- Generous vacation policy as well as flexible work hours and location
- Support for continuing your skills development, developing your industry knowledge and achieving your career and personal development goals
- Team activities and get-togethers like game night and our annual holiday chalet getaway
- A casual environment where you will work with smart and passionate people
We believe in being an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate diversity and differences of perspectives at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.