• Vice President – Head of Regulatory Reporting Production
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
The Finance group at BNP Paribas North America (BNPP NA) is responsible for overseeing the accounting, financial and regulatory reporting for the firm. Currently BNP Paribas Finance North-America is engaged in the implementation of the Fed’s Enhanced Prudential Standards for Foreign Banking Organizations.
The regulatory reporting department is specifically responsible for the regulatory reports that are submitted to the Federal Reserve Bank, various State banking departments, Cayman Islands Monetary Authority and the U.S. Department of Commerce by all U.S. branches and agencies, including its subsidiaries and special purpose entities, and ensuring that there is a sustainable control environment around the respective regulatory reporting.
The Regulatory Reporting Specialist will lead a team dedicated to ensure quality control and implement continuous improvements across the regulatory reporting processes. Key responsibilities will include:
Enforce quality assurance / control:
• Ensure compliance with internal regulatory reporting policies and procedures
• Enforce accountability policy and liaise with key stakeholders
• Enforce report and threshold monitoring
• Participate in bank examinations and internal and external audits
• Coordinate the annual regulatory reporting training program; enhance training materials and deliver training to key stakeholders.
Continuous Improvement and Change Management:
• Establish governance to identify, track, design and implement new or changes to existing regulatory reporting processes across reporting teams
• Oversee and drive on-going enhancements of the Regulatory Reporting tool (Axiom), data solution and remediation, as well as other efforts to increase automation
• Manage the regulatory reporting issue tracker; ensure issues are closed on a timely basis
• Ensure awareness of internal events (e.g. new products/transactions) as well as changes / new regulatory reporting requirements and coordinate across reporting teams to implement necessary changes
Liaise with key stakeholders ad partners within the organization:
• Act as liaison with various internal (i.e. Supervisory Relations, Legal, Compliance, Audit, FCOO, IT, and Business Operations) and external constituencies (i.e. regulators, external auditors and consultants).
• Serve as the point-of-contact between the Regulatory Reporting Department and Data Governance for all data programs (i.e., DQIP, Data Trace, Data Operations, etc.)
• Provide ad hoc support on special topics across the department.
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in Financial Reporting, Accounting, Regulatory Reporting or equivalent functions
• Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent work experience, in Accounting or Finance required
• Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance - Preferred
• Passed all four (4) parts of the Certified Public Accountants examination, or registered to take the examination – Preferred
• Previous financial services experience in Public Accounting (i.e., Audit or Consulting) - Preferred
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
• Comprehensive knowledge of reports that are due to the Federal Reserve Bank, the various State banking regulatory authorities, the U.S. Department of Commerce, Cayman Islands Monetary Authority, etc.
• Ability to understand complex financial products and system architectures, accounting business processes, financial and management reporting (IFRS and US GAAP), month-end financial close process, regulatory reporting, entity consolidations and multi-currency accounting
• Strong regulatory & financial reporting knowledge prevalent in banking/financial institutions required
• Knowledge of Axiom-preferred
• Prior experience with Foreign Banking Organization -preferred
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
• Strong Microsoft software Office skills (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
• Ability to build relationships across functions to drive towards a common goal
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills and research ability
• Excellent attention to detail & strong communication skills (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
• Proficient in Microsoft office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Ability to organize and manage multiple, changing priorities, and complete tasks under limited timeframe
• Program and project management skills
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.