Sephora Beauty Canada Inc. (“Sephora”) is a leader in global prestige retail, teaching and inspiring clients to play in a world of beauty. The company offers a unique, open-sell environment featuring over 200 classic and emerging brands across a broad range of product categories, including skincare, colour, fragrance and haircare, in addition to its own private label. Sephora operates over 2,500 stores in 32 countries worldwide, with an expanding base of over 460 stores across North America. Sephora opened its first Canadian store in Toronto in 2004.
Sephora is currently looking for a VP, Retail Operations to oversee its Canadian retail operations. You will be working at our Mississauga office, located at 5560 Explorer Drive, 2nd Floor, Mississauga, Ontario, L4W 5M3.
This is a permanent, full-time position, based on 40 hours per week. Further information respecting the position can be found below.
You will be responsible for planning, organizing, and directing Sephora’s retail operations strategy across Canada, with the goal of driving store traffic, maximizing revenue and profitability, increasing brand awareness and creating efficiencies. Duties will include the following:
- Leading Sephora’s retail store, real estate and store design operations across Canada
- Overseeing retail operations for over 70 stores across Canada, and ensuring all activities are in compliance with company policies, procedures and processes;
- Establishing corporate objectives, best practice standards and organizational structures which support the company’s Canadian retail operations;
- Defining and driving Canadian retail growth strategies that complement Sephora’s financial and strategic initiatives, and support its overall vision;
- Overseeing day-to-day activities of Regional Directors and District Managers;
- In conjunction with Regional Directors and District Managers, developing and overseeing the implementation of strategic action plans to capture opportunities for in-store sales growth or margin gain;
- Conducting in-store visits and evaluating operations to ensure efficient alignment and integration of all corporate strategic initiatives and superior quality of service;
- Building strong management teams that can deliver goals and targets, and providing leadership, mentoring and coaching to improve performance;
- Bearing ultimate authority over personnel decisions concerning the retail management team
- Exercising wide discretionary power in decision making related to the company’s business and financial affairs.
We are looking for candidates who meets the following minimum requirements:
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s degree in business administration, communications, marketing or a related field
- Minimum 10 years of multi-unit retail operations experience at a senior management level, with an emphasis on direct retail sales and profit and loss accountability
- Minimum 3 years in the beauty or personal care retail industry
- Senior management experience in the Canadian retail industry
- Prior experience building, training, and driving teams through challenging assignments while executing development plans
- Proven track record of delivering growth, profitability and results in a high growth, continuous change and results-oriented environment
- Demonstrated ability to build cross-functional organizational relationships through formal and informal networks
- Strong decision-making, analytical and creative problem-solving abilities
- Strong communication skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Fluent in English
We offer a generous compensation package which includes:
- Salary range: $235,000.00- $285,000 per annum
- Performance-based bonuses and incremental raises in accordance with standard company policies
- 20 days of paid vacation per year
- Extended medical, dental, and disability insurance
- Life insurance
- RRSP matching
If you are interested in the position, and meet all of our qualifications, please send a copy of your resume to email@example.com
Sephora Beauty Canada Inc.
5560 Explorer Drive, 2nd Floor