Sorenson Communications is expanding our Video Relay Service (http://www.sorensonvrs.com/). As a result we are seeking Interpreters to provide Sign-to-Voice and Voice-to-Sign interpreting services. Full and part-time positions are available in the US and Canada.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Effectively interpret between American Sign Language (ASL) and spoken English
* Maintain, as applicable, compliance with any national, state, or local licensure and/or certification requirements
* Demonstrate full compliance with Sorenson standards and policies, FCC regulations and the RID Code of Professional Conduct
* Demonstrate full compliance with Sorenson Communications customer service guidelines
* Demonstrate full compliance with Sorenson Communications attendance policy
* Accurately complete assigned tasks/duties, projects and paperwork promptly and within approved guidelines
* The ability to maintain a flexible work schedule, in order to meet the demands of the VRS industry, is essential for this position.
* Possess the ability to quickly learn and implement new and changing technologies
* Work effectively in a team environment; receive support from and provide support to colleagues
* Possess the ability to work effectively in an environment with oversight that may include, but is not limited to: call monitoring, mentoring and evaluations
* Possess the ability to work effectively in a fast paced, dynamic, highly regulated environment
* Enhance interpreting skills through continued education training
* Demonstrate willingness and ability to complete additional duties and assignments on an ongoing basis
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* 3+ consistent years working as a certified sign language interpreter in a variety of settings
* NAD level IV/V; or a RID CI, CT, CI/CT, CSC; or NIC, NIC Advanced, NIC Master; or hold a state interpreter certificate at the Intermediate or Master Certificate skill levels or have the professional interpreting experience to become a Sorenson VRS interpreter, subject to skill set verification and screening.
Other General Requirements/Additional Notes
* Be able to work in an environment that is fast paced, dynamic, highly regulated, and customer service focused.
* Sit for extended periods of time at a desk using computer and video equipment while processing VRS calls
* Interpret in ASL and spoken English for extended periods of time
* Possess the ability to work in a variety of environments and lighting arrangements, fully understanding that video relay work must be structured to present the interpreter in the best physical light possible
* Positive attitude, team player, good interpersonal communication skills and able to work across company departments.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Sorenson Communications is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.