Waitstaff are responsible for coordinating individual station and communicating with other dining room and kitchen personnel to provide a quality dining experience that exceeds guests’ expectations as a result of giving your personal best in service. Responsible for food and beverage service, clearing and resetting tables, cleaning, side work and sanitation. Demonstrates commitment to guest satisfaction and positive employee and company relations. Must assist in other departments or with other job duties as requested or necessary.
- Reports to work on time in a neat and clean uniform.
- Obtains assigned service station from manager at the beginning of the shift.
- Prepares work station and is ready to assist others as needed.
- Greets and informs guests of promotions. Makes yes-yes choices available to the guest.
- Takes orders and delivers each food course in proper sequence.
- Keeps all water and beverage glasses filled as needed or requested.
- Provides guests with proper utensils and condiments.
- Assists with running food as requested by expo.
- Busses and resets tables as needed and keeps tables neat and clean throughout service.
- Presents check after dinner within an appropriate amount of time.
- Maintains effective lines of communication between dining room manager, cashier host/hostess, kitchen and bar.
- Maintains standards of appearance, safety and sanitation on a daily basis.
- Takes part in all sales goals and incentive programs.
- Responsible for following federal, state and Company policies and regulations for serving alcoholic beverages in a responsible manner.
- Participates in on-going employee training and accepts feedback professionally.
- Handles guest concerns in a professional manner and takes fast and appropriate action to solve problems.
- Collects currency and gives receipt with every transaction and completes daily paperwork.
- All shifts needed in the restaurant will be covered by dining room employees whenever possible, including busing and hosting.
- Adheres to all Company policies and regulations.
- Assists with other duties as requested.
This list of duties is intended to be representative of many of the tasks associated with this role.
However, Pursuit and The Glacier Park Collection reserve the right to modify, add, remove, orotherwise change duties at their discretion based on the needs of the business.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Culinary/Hospitality program or related education preferred.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a waitstaff/server position required.
- Must have good table service skills.
- Hospitality POS systems experience desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Must be team-oriented, positive and upbeat.
- Must be pleasant, helpful, friendly, outgoing, enthusiastic and courteous in dealing with guests and co-workers.
- Able to handle guest concerns in a tactful and caring manner.
- Must be able to work varied shifts.
- Must possess neat and pleasant grooming habits.
- Must communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing, with a solid attention to detail.
- Must bring a keen eye for detail, organization, safety and cleanliness to improve GPC front-of-house culinary operations.
- Must bring a positive, helpful, team-oriented, “we can do this together” attitude to all aspects of the job that inspires others.
- Must exhibit a real curiosity about the business for not only F&B, but also GPC and for Pursuit overall.
- Must ask good questions and drill down into details to improve the business.
- Must process information quickly and take initiative to recommend solutions to F&B challenges.
- Must stay cool under pressure by being resilient, adaptable and flexible.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The successful candidate must be willing to relocate to Waterton and must be eligible to work in the Canada.
- Fine dining Restaurant/Dining Room in a historic Hotel.
- National Park setting.
- Job requires constant walking, bending, the frequent use of stairs, handling, reaching, grasping, lifting 25+ lbs., and repetitive motions.
- Position requires flexible scheduling, including weekends, holidays, split shifts, etc.
- Non-smoking environment.