Grimco, Inc., was founded in 1875 in St. Louis, Missouri. Today we have 48 locations across the United States, 6 across Canada, and a sales division that is focused solely on growth in the Caribbean and Latin American markets. Our #1 goal is growth in all wholesale markets for manufacturing/distribution of digital print products, signs, and sign-making supplies.
Due to our excellent customer service we have been voted Vendor of the Year by our customers in the FASTSIGNS, Signs by Tommorrow, and Signs Now nationwide franchise networks! We are also celebrating our inclusion in the Top 500 Entry Level Employers listing released annually by CollegeGrad.com.
What makes Grimco Special?
- We're excited for our 143rd year in business! We are a growing company that continues to evolve in our industry.
- We foster employee development that is focused on tailoring employees career paths based on their talents, strengths, and interests.
- We have fantastic teams throughout North America and are proud of our reputation of being the most informed and educated supplier in the industry.
- Our executives and managers are extremely accessible and work on the front lines of our business!
What Separates the Good from the Great at Grimco:
Those who are successful at Grimco demonstrate determination, competitive drive, and eagerness to learn all facets of our company. They must have a strong desire to provide exceptional customer service and sell. They must also possess the drive to make an immediate impact on a growing company.
What Does a Warehouse Associate/Backup Delivery Driver do?
Warehouse Associates are responsible for operating a forklift and other material handling equipment for the purpose of accurate shipping, processing and receiving, which includes but is not limited to unloading, scanning, moving, staging, loading, locating, relocating, and stacking product. Warehouse associates are also responsible for repackaging product when necessary, counting and inspecting product, and notifying the appropriate person when product is damaged. Warehouse Associates are accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the all equipment and will be expected to perform all duties as directed by
Management. All work performed by Warehouse Associates must meet company
standards of safety, security, and productivity.
Backup Delivery Drivers take on the Delivery Driver role and deliver products to our customers across Ontario. Delivery Drivers duties including delivering merchandise to customers, pickup of returned merchandise, collecting payment, and providing an outstanding level of customer service.
- Act as a backup driver and make customer deliveries with company vehicle as needed to cover absences and unforeseen situations.
- Load and unload delivery trucks both by hand and using a forklift.
- Stock inventory when replenishment shipments come in.
- Receive and examine incoming material for discrepancies/damages.
- Pick and pack orders of sign supplies by hand, in preparation for shipping to customers in compliance with material handling procedures. Attention to detail is critical!
- Record shipping/receiving logs in an orderly fashion.
- Perform accurate cycle counts of inventory.
- Ship and receive orders using appropriate shipping software.
- Use data management system to track orders and
answer questions for team members and customers alike.
- Assist couriers and delivery drivers with manifest information and work in order to maximize delivery efficiency.
- Perform duties using a safety-conscious attitude, improving safety knowledge of all employees.
- Operate forklift and other material handling equipment
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Drive company vehicle
- Perform other duties as assigned (cleaning/sweeping warehouse, maintenance, special projects, etc.).
- Completed High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience driving large commercial vehicles and warehouse or similar role experience.
- Full G Driver’s License with clean Driver Abstract.
- Familiar with MTO regulations and Highway Traffic Act legislation.
- Forklift License is an asset.
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs, 75+ lbs assisted.
- Confidence and positive attitude are a MUST!
- Goal-oriented and competitive work ethic.
- Superior interpersonal skills – able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to work hard and smart – never satisfied with the status quo.
- Ability to take direction and to make independent decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and true commitment to customers.
New to the Sign Industry? What is Training Like?
- 3 weeks of focused training time
- Majority of time training is focused on: products, computer systems, phones/customers, sales/service, purchasing, logistics, web store, marketing, safety, accounting, human resources, and reports.
- Split between break-out session and hands-on learning environment.
- Rotation within departments for a diverse look at how employees approach tasks and achieve goals.
- Full-time salary includes training period.
- Travel accommodations and expenses provided per Grimco Canada Travel & Expense Policy. Training location determined by corporate/regional training team schedule.
Grimco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Immediate Opening. Full-Time Employment Status. Hourly Compensation. Employee Benefits Package Including: Group RRSP Matching, Extended Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Long Term Disability, Dependent Coverage, Travel Insurance, Grimco Cares Employee Assistance Fund, Perkopolis Discount Program, Paid Personal & Sick Time, Holiday, & Vacation Accrual.