August 14, 2018
JOB ORDER NUMBER:
Our client is currently seeking a seasoned Warehouse Manager. Working with this client offers more than just a stimulating and challenging environment for people with a solid warehouse management background; it means making a difference in the way the World works, lives and learns.
It takes passion, and someone that is looking for a career and not just another job
- Responsible of running warehouse with safety and efficiency as priorities
- Writing and balancing daily bank deposits
- Audit of daily labor and billing reports
- Document and resolve any customer service or associate issues daily.
- Ensure all associates follow policies and work rules including safety work rules.
- Hold weekly health and safety meetings and ensure associate participation.
- Assist in managing warehouse and departmental budget.
- Creation of daily work logs and transmission of same to corporate
- Ensure customer needs are met on a daily basis
- Responsible for scheduling associate shifts based on warehouse requirements.
- Negotiation of rates with common carrier representatives
- In charge of staffing initiatives including: Interview, hire, and train new employees
- Supervise timely and accurate data entry for all services performed.
- Complete daily closeout, including cash balancing, data upload, and payroll record administration according to policies and standard operating procedures.
EXPERIENCE: In order to be COMPETITIVE for this position, you will have:
- Must be very flexible with shift start times as well as days worked, including weekends and holidays.
- 3 years of management and leadership experience in an industrial setting.
- Ability to train, coach, and mentor warehouse associates.
- Strong organization and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to multitask
- The ability to make decisions, problem solve, prioritize assignments and direct the workforce in an ever-changing, warehouse environment.
- Ability to manage budgets; read and interpret P&L statements; and prepare related management reports.
- Intermediate PC skills with knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Excellent aptitude in estimating rates and adding and subtracting mentally while constantly multi-tasking
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
This description portrays in general terms the type and levels of work performed and is not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of any one incumbent. The job responsibilities and tasks described herein may be modified and expanded over time.
Very competitive compensation plus a benefits package.
- BS/BA Degree or Associates Degree with Equivalent Experience is a plus but not required
- Minimum 5 yrs of similar experience;
- Experience in a distribution, warehouse environment;
- Experience with the electronic appliances industry is an asset;
- Autonomous & able to react quickly;
- Excellent interpersonal communication, leadership, and customer service skills.
- Proven track record in supervision of warehouse employees including Hiring, Training, and Termination.
- Proven experience in providing high levels of customer service to internal and external customers.
- Excellent organizational & prioritizing skills;
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and problem solving skills;
- Leadership and ability to take initiatives;
- Advance Microsoft Office;
- Must be able to lift items of up to 50 pounds;
- Must be able to use a manual or electric pump lift (jiggers).
Deborah Milo, Managing Director
HOW TO APPLY:
Please click on the “APPLY” button located elsewhere on this job posting (preferred) or email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RECRUITER:
Deborah Milo: http://stoakley.com/meet-deborah-milo/
ABOUT STOAKLEY-STEWART CONSULTANTS:
Stoakley-Stewart Consultants Ltd. is an Executive Search/Recruiting Firm with international reach. We opened our doors in 1977 and have grown to be one of the most successful employment agencies in Canada, boasting over 300 person-years of recruiting expertise. We house a team of top-notch consultants, each acting as Subject Matter Expert in their chosen field. As a result we provide professional recruiting services to clients and candidates in a variety of industries.
This expansive breadth of experience allows us, as a firm, to satisfy all of your hiring/employment needs. In accordance with Canadian laws, it is the policy of Stoakley-Stewart Consultants to consider all qualified individuals for available positions without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, country of origin, age, disability etc.
See ALL of our open jobs at: http://data.stoakley.com/alljobs.asp
WHAT ARE WE KNOWN FOR AND HOW DO WE HELP?
• Helping talented professionals secure new, exciting and rewarding career opportunities
• Treating each unique individual with professionalism, respect and integrity
• Meeting your distinct needs by matching you with the right corporate culture
FOLLOW US FOR THE LATEST JOBS, CAREER ADVICE AND JOB MARKET TRENDS:
• Website: www.stoakley.com
• LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/stoakley-stewart-consultants
• Twitter (@stoakleystewart): https://twitter.com/stoakleystewart
• Facebook: http://facebook.com/StoakleyStewart
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/stoakleystewart/
• YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/StoakleyStewart