Why work for Lafarge?
Lafarge in Canada is proud to provide construction solutions in the buildings, infrastructure and industrial segments. These solutions are built with high performance products from our cement, aggregates, ready-mix concrete, asphalt and road construction, and concrete products divisions. From the use of alternative materials and recycling to renewable energy, Lafarge's focus is to develop innovative products that can contribute toward sustainably constructed building solutions. Lafarge takes personal growth and development to heart, and provides resources for our employees to take control of their own careers. Through our commitment to communities, to the health and safety of our employees and their families, or through the many volunteer hours of our employees, Lafarge demonstrates our care for people. If you want to work in an environment that values hard work, entrepreneurship, and collaborative teamwork, Lafarge is for you. Building Better Cities is what we do. Come Build a Better Career with us! More information can be found at www.lafarge.ca/en/careers .
The Warehouse Supervisor support the procurement function within the cement plant by maximizing efficiencies associated with the provision of materials to the operation. This position reports to the Procurement Manager.
This position is based out of our Exshaw cement plant.
- Manage all aspects of warehousing including handling stock reconciliations, handling incoming goods, issuing goods, receiving returned goods, stocktaking and managing quality and inspection stock.
- Implement and manage warehousing strategies, policies and procedures to ensure that movement and storage of goods is managed effectively throughout the operating company.
- Ensure warehousing KPIs are met in order to support the effective running of the operating company and prepare and publish warehousing reports to demonstrate performance.
- Drive improvement and results in operational efficiency and inventory improvement strategies.
- Take responsibility for receiving, storing and dispatching goods, tracking shipments, co-ordinating import and export activities & liaising with internal and external customers and suppliers as necessary.
- Ensure warehouse strategies that assure plant reliability are properly defined and enforced.
- Implement warehouse management policy and best practice procedures.
- Constantly improve warehouse performance (ensure warehouse KPIs are defined and measured).
- Ensure OH&S requirements are met in the warehouse.
- Create SAP Contracts and place MRP Orders.
- Work closely with other functions (maintenance, production, finance) to effectively support the operation.
- Ensure accurate and timely delivery of stock to the operation.
Relationships with Other Jobs:
- Operational Management (e.g. plant managers, planners, coordinators).
- Procurement Managers.
- Category Management.
- Bachelor's/Undergraduate degree in Supply Chain, Logistics or Business.
- Minimum one (1) years' experience in purchasing or warehouse management.
- Minimum three (3) years' experience in a manufactuing environment (production or maintenance).
- Experience in forecasting, MRP, ERP systems, EDI or scanning systems.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Knowledge of SAP.
Pre-employment medical including drug & alcohol testing and a criminal record check may be required.
As the world leader in the building materials industry, LafargeHolcim Ltd and its subsidiaries have the assets necessary to meet the building and design challenges of today’s increasing urbanization. Globally, LafargeHolcim has 115,000 employees, a well-balanced local presence in 90 countries and combined net sales of CHF 33 billion (EUR 27 billion) in 2014. With the most innovative cement, concrete, and aggregates solutions, strong R&D and a commitment to health, safety, and sustainability, LafargeHolcim has the building solutions to meet customers’ needs, from the individual homebuilder to the largest and most complex project. We are committed to drive sustainable solutions for better building and infrastructure while contributing to a higher quality of life. We are positioned to deliver on this commitment.