Supervisor, Warehouse, Redwater, AB
Why work at Nutrien? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
Reporting to the Manager, Procurement, Nitrogen, the Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for leading the Warehouse teams while promoting safety and cost control.
Responsible for the operations and direct supervision of Nutrien’s Warehouse Operations. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Aadhering to and meeting all Corporate and Site level Policies, Procedures, Goals and Objectives as set for the Warehouse Operations.
- In addition, controlling and monitoring all aspects of materials identification, which includes obsolete items and ensuring the appropriate Financial policies and procedures are followed, receipt of all incoming materials, stocking and storing Inventoried Materials as well as turnaround materials, maintaining inventory levels and accuracy as determined by Site Management, issuance and distribution of inventoried materials, tools, repairable items, scrap metals (salvaged materials), Inventory Cycle Counting process and accuracy, shipping which includes some hazardous and dangerous goods, and Fork Lift and JLG training.
- This includes reordering store stock materials via the Ariba SAP eAM System Stores Reorder Report based on optimum analysis of usage, available space, lead times, cost criticality, and security.
- Must maintain working relationships with Maintenance and Production Supervision, Department Managers, Engineering, Procurement, Accounting personnel, Contractors and Suppliers.
- In addition to direct supervision of Warehouse personnel, the Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for establishing the Warehouse Operation’s Goals, Objectives, employee performance and annual performance reviews and training and development of personnel.
Accountable and responsible for safe execution of work, while also assuring all work meets Site’s safety and quality standards.
Must observe employee work performance in the work environment and take corrective action to ensure that work activities are in compliance with company policies and procedures.
Assures that all unsafe conditions are reported and corrected. Demonstrates, encourages and leads by example a cooperative attitude toward safety among Site personnel
Control and monitor Warehouse Operations and Stores inventory through the Ariba SAP eAM System.
Evaluate and analyze computer reports to determine along with Maintenance and Production, the most optimum min/max levels set in the SAP System (reorder points, order quantities and stock quantities).
Coordinate and conduct the Cycle Count process and resolve discrepancies with Accounting. Review usage of items to determine obsolescence and ensure appropriate Financial policies and procedures are followed.
Assure accurate data is maintained in the SAP eAM System through real time/on time entry of transactions, inventory accuracy through cycle counting process and discrepancy resolution.
Service the Warehouse Operations internal customers (Maintenance, Productions, Finance, etc…) meeting and/or exceeding their needs through efficient and productive operations of the Warehouse.
Coordinate and monitor activities concerning Inventory item’s description and maintaining the Site’s Item Master Catalog including routine update and revisions.
Coordinate efforts required by Warehouse personnel to requisition and expedite delivery of Emergency ordered materials, both direct purchase, and Inventory stock
Maintain appropriate Warehouse Operations files and documents (i.e. Inventory item stock authorizations, etc…)
Supervise Warehouse Department’s receiving operation, including “normal” quality inspection of incoming goods, preparation of receiving documents and on time entry in the SAP eAM System, transmittal of received goods information, preparation of SCAR reports (Supplier Corrective Action Report), and contact as required with suppliers and common carrier agents.
Supervises all aspects of the Warehouse Inventory repairable/rebuildables parts program. Coordinates with Maintenance the recovery of high cost repairable parts to insure timely repairs.
Supervise outgoing shipments, which includes some hazardous and dangerous goods, the preparation of bills of lading, plant shipping documents, and contact and schedule carriers as necessary.
Supervise inventory items stocking activity, assigning storage bin locations, monitoring bin levels to minimize stock outs and establish new bin storage as needed.
Develop and implements an inventory and security system for storage annex facilities and open yard storage areas and conduct periodic inventory spot checks of these warehousing areas to ensure adherence to the system and provide quick responses when modifications to the system are necessary.
Responsible for the purchasing of hand and power tools following Procurement policies, procedures and approvals. This includes the stocking and issue of craft tool boxes, responsible for marking, identification, inspection and service / repair of tools, assure accurate recording and control of the issue and return of all tools, prepare records and reports of tool losses, breakage, replacement and associated costs.
Supervise all Warehouse area housekeeping and maintenance programs and prepares work orders as needed to ensure proper housekeeping and maintenance.
Prepare monthly reports covering all Warehouse activities to provide management with accurate and timely information on Warehouse operations/activities.
Train, develop, and motivate departmental personnel toward greater individual productivity to ensure accomplishment of department and company goals.
Responsible for making sure that IATA and 49CFR training is provided for shipping personnel.
Other projects or duties as directed by Management.
- People leader with excellent leadership skills, able to work in fast paced and stressful working environments.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, planning, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Exercises good judgement and makes effective, sound, timely and informed decisions.
- Adapts and is flexible and resilient in response to constraints, failures and adversity.
- Ability to set priorities and organize work in logical sequence.
- Must have a general knowledge of Site accounting, full understanding of the SAP eAM System as related to the Warehouse Operations and detail knowledge of the Warehouse Operations.
- Should have a basic knowledge of chemical plant materials and equipment.
- Must be knowledgeable in the maintenance and use of mechanical hand and power tools their dispersal, control and inventory.
- Working knowledge of audit processes and procedures as relates to warehouse functions.
- Creative, flexible, organized and technically competent.
- Willingness to work extended hours, particularly during scheduled outages.
- Willingness to be on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and willingness to participate in weekend and holiday coverage.
- Ability to work with electronic scales, forklifts of various sizes and bar code operation
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- All activities shall be performed in accordance with established company, local, state, federal and health, safety, and environmental regulations
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and/or Post-Secondary Diploma Materials Management/Training.
- CSPM designation or working towards designation will be advantageous or a Professional Parts Person Designation or equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience materials and warehouse/inventory management, preferably in the Fertilizer/Oil & Gas/ Process industry.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a leadership role preferably in an Operations Environment.
- Extensive knowledge of SAP Materials Management/warehousing.
- Lean training or understanding of Lean principles would be considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of computer tools (database, MS Word, Excel). Working knowledge of SAP MM module would be an asset.
- Possess a high level of analytical and interpersonal skills including proficiencies in oral presentations, written and verbal communications and chairing of meetings.
Nutrien is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. This job will remain posted until filled. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.