With more than 900 employees across Canada, Anixter offers a variety of rewarding career opportunities, a wide range of benefits such as a competitive salary, generous bonus programs, a comprehensive employee benefit package and a tuition reimbursement program.
The role requires this individual to be a shift leader and to create and maintain a positive environment in accordance with Anixter’s strategic goals, and ensure that all policies, procedures and adopted protocols are respected.
- Manage the activities of all direct reports to ensure the timely achievement of department goals, within prescribed policies, procedures and standard business practices in a fast paced environment
- Personnel Management; responsible for supervising warehouse employees, setting objectives, managing performance, reporting hours for payroll, ensuring compliance with policies and procedures, recruitment and on-boarding, and all other management duties
- Perform administrative functions related to warehouse activities
- Manage warehouse supplies and work in conjunction with supply partners to address and correct inventory issues and recommend process enhancements to improve inventory levels
- Ensure the performance of quality audits, cycle counting and block auditing, investigate, implement corrective action and follow up on effectiveness for all problem orders
- Ensure that all preventative maintenance requirements for all mechanical/electrical system and equipment is evaluated/documented and performed;
- Support implementation of health and safety policies and procedures
- Provide support to management teams and employees in the area of health and safety
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, the successful candidate for this position will possess:
Experience & Education:
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years recent relevant warehouse supervisory or management experience, with union experience an asset.
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline or equivalent work experience (as above)
- Knowledge of distribution supply chain an asset
- Well-versed in provincial employment and safety legislation
- Working knowledge of warehouse management systems
- Microsoft office
Skills & Attributes:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid relationship building and communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent decision making abilities
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Results oriented
- Great sense of initiative and leadership
- Demonstrated professionalism in both verbal and written communication
We are grateful for your interest in Anixter, however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Anixter Inc. is proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodations, please notify us if you are contacted for a job interview.