Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Water Quality Modeller to join our Water team on a full-time basis based in Calgary.
An overview of your role will include:
- Preparing reports, proposals, and presentations
- Using water quality models to evaluate potential environmental effects of changes to aquatic systems
- Developing new models and modifying existing models
- Completing conceptual model development, data analysis, and numerical modelling
- Collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams to complete environmental impact assessments for large mining operations
- Managing priorities to support multiple projects with competing deadlines
You will have a background in:
- University degree (preferably Master's or Ph.D. in environmental science, environmental engineering or geochemistry)
- 1-3 years of work experience in the field of water quality or geochemistry
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated technical skills in surface water quality modelling and assessment
- Familiarity and experience using surface water quality modelling software (i.e. Goldsim, WASP, CE-QUAL-W2, HSPE, etc...)
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.