Are you someone with strong leadership and technical capabilities? Do you enjoy building relationships and working collaboratively in a team environment with both internal and external stakeholders? Are you a thought leader, a trusted advisor and a problem solver? If you enjoy entrepreneurship and innovation, this opportunity is for you! As someone with excellent communication skills and business acumen, you will thrive in our fast-paced and agile environment.
Dillon’s Communities & Environment technical group is looking for a Water Resources Engineer to join our multidisciplinary team of professionals. You will have the opportunity to work on new and exciting projects while providing clients with a fully integrated and superior customer experience.
At Dillon, we operate as one team. This position is available at any of the following Dillon offices: Toronto, London or Windsor.
What your day will look like
Project Management & Design (75%)
- Completion of civil-environmental engineering projects in support of land drainage, stormwater management, municipal servicing, and hydrologic and hydraulic assessments for planning level and design assignments within the transportation, land development, private industry, and municipal infrastructure business sectors
- Completion of watershed and sub-watershed scale hydrology investigations and hydraulic assessments of open channel and closed pipe systems
- Coordination and project management duties for water resources contributions to a wide range of small to large multi-disciplinary projects
- Development and coordination of field inspection, reconnaissance, data collection and monitoring programs
Learning & Development (5%)
- Contribution to the career development of more junior staff, including technical direction, training recommendations, coaching and mentoring
- Contributions to Dillon’s corporate profile through active participation in professional associations and committees
Business Development (20%)
- Identification and development of new business opportunities
- Leadership in the maintenance of existing client relationships in the GTHA including preparation of proposals and statement of qualification
- Business travel to other Dillon offices upon request
What you will need to succeed
- A degree in water resources, civil engineering or equivalent
- Eligible to be licensed to practice as a professional engineer in the Province of Ontario, or upon the completion of the mandatory work requirement
- Five to 10 years’ of professional work experience
- Valid Drivers License
- Strong familiarity with hydrologic and hydraulic modeling systems that may include professional working experience with HECRAS, XPSWMM, MIKE URBAN, INFOWORKS, PCSWMM, and others.
- Analyses to support the design of stormwater management systems, culverts, bridges, sewers and open channel systems.
- Familiarity with local regulations, policies, guidelines, and provincial and municipal permit requirements for environmental agencies
- Experience in working on detailed design of municipal infrastructure
- Experience with both construction inspection and contract administration would be considered an asset
- Experience with the Provincial Drainage Act would be also be considered an asset
- Strong communication, report writing, organization and interpersonal skills
Why choose Dillon
Dillon is powered by people who are technically proficient, passionate about socially important projects, and motivated to deliver superior, tangible results. We strive to remain at the forefront of technology and innovation, and are empowered to continually grow and develop.
We live our core values:
- Reliability: words result in actions that build trust;
- Achievement: do the work to hit the target;
- Continuous development: always learning; always adapting; always growing;
- Creativity: discover new possibilities;
- Courage: do the things that matter, especially when it’s hard;
- Inclusiveness: enabling belonging to draw strength from our differences.
In addition, we offer:
- Employee share purchase plan
- Dillon is 100% employee owned and share ownership is open to all employees.
- A competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Generous retirement savings plan
- Flexible work hours and remote working options
- We oﬀer a variety of ﬂexible work options to help balance the competing demands of work and personal life.
- Learning and Development opportunities
- As a knowledge-based business, the organic growth of our knowledge and skills occur through our work performance and roles. The creation and sharing of knowledge allows us to take local knowledge to scale, capture lessons learned through experience, and continuously improve service delivery. The development of self and others is an evident and measured core behaviour within our organization.
- We use a composite approach to development including coaching to build the how, mentoring to share lessons, advising to round out perspectives, and co-creation of knowledge through internal, learning opportunities.
- Focus on Innovation
- The ability to anticipate, examine, and adopt new and innovative solutions is a crucial driver for the continual and progressive advancement of our business performance. In our culture, people are empowered to reflect and question current practices and seek forward looking solutions to today’s problems and tomorrow’s opportunities.
- Employee and Family Assistance program
- A variety of EFAP tools and online resources to support well-being are available to all employees.
- Goodlife Fitness Corporate Membership
- Our employees can take advantage of reduced annual membership fees.
Dillon is a proudly Canadian, employee-owned, professional consulting firm specializing in planning, engineering, environmental science and management. We partner with clients to provide committed, collaborative, and inventive solutions to complex, multi-faceted projects. With 20 offices and more than 900 employees across Canada, Dillon offers a wide range of services related to building and improving facilities and infrastructure, protecting the environment, and developing communities.
Now operating for over 75 years, we continue to strive for excellence in everything we do. Dillon has been listed as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the past 14 years and has the distinction of having achieved Platinum Club member status in this program.
Employment Equity, Diversity & Inclusion at Dillon:
Dillon is committed to the principles of employment equity, inclusiveness, and diversity within our organization. We strive to achieve a workplace where opportunities are based on skills and abilities and that respects and values differences.
Inclusion is more than a word to us, it is the way we choose to run our business.
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com if you require accommodation in the interview process.
We would love to hear from you!