Under supervision, reporting to the Main Line Sewer Foreman, the Pipe Layer is responsible for preparing and installing underground water and sewer pipelines in preparation for site servicing.
Water and Sewer Pipe Layer
- Install sanitary and storm water sewer structures, catch basins, manholes and pipe systems.
- Assist in moving and aligning concrete and plastic pipes.
- Check grades for conformance to requirements, using levels or lasers.
- Direct deckhand and shovel operator.
- Mix concrete by hand to seal pipes.
- Grade and level trench bases, using tamping machines, shovels and hand tools.
- All other duties as required.
Statement of Qualifications:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. would be considered an asset 3 to 5 years of experience in underground pipe laying in water and sewer is required.
- 2-4 years’ experience in sewer and water installation required.
- Knowledge of pipe laying techniques (Bionix and Blubrute would be an asset).
- Good physical health for the purposes of access and egress deep trenches and climbing up and down manholes.
- Current valid Working at Heights certification would be an asset.
- Ability to work as part of a team and under pressure.
Work Environment/Physical/Sensory Effort:
- Busy and loud environment.
- Working outside in difficult weather conditions, during all seasons.
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time at workstation.
- Heavy manual labor, requires ability to climb ladders, lift and manipulate objects of up to 75-120lbs.
- Use of personal protective equipment will be required.
- Hazards associated with the construction industry.
- Overtime may be required.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Taggart Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical or mental handicap, or financial ability.
In accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarian' s with a Disabilities Act, we're committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. If you require accommodation or special assistance, please sen an email to email@example.com with your request. Your information will be treated as confidential.