Are you someone with strong leadership and technical capabilities? Do you enjoy building relationships and working collaboratively in a team environment with both internal and external stakeholders? Are you a thought leader, a trusted advisor and a problem solver? If you enjoy entrepreneurship and innovation, this opportunity is for you! As someone with excellent communication skills and business acumen, you will thrive in our fast-paced and agile environment.
Dillon’s Communities and Environment Infrastructure technical group is looking for a Water/Wastewater Process Engineer to join our multidisciplinary team of professionals. You will have the opportunity to work on new and exciting projects across the country while providing clients with a fully integrated and superior client experience.
At Dillon, we operate as one team. This position is available at one of the following Dillon offices: Halifax or Saint John.
What your day will look like
Project Management & Design (60%)
- Project management and delivery of preliminary and detailed designs for municipal and industrial infrastructure projects related to treatment facilities and pumping stations
- Coordination of design team activities, direction to project team members including junior engineers and technical support staff, and ongoing support to client relationship managers
- Liaison with public and private sector clients, government review and approval agencies, sub-consultants and subcontractors.
- Liaison with multidisciplinary project teams (including transportation, municipal and structural engineers, transportation systems planners, planners, environmental scientists and technical support staff)
Learning & Development (20%)
- Input to the career development of other staff, including technical direction, training recommendations, coaching and mentoring
- Contributions to Dillon’s corporate profile through active participation in professional associations and committees
Business Development (20%)
- Identification and development of new business opportunities
- Leadership in the maintenance of existing client relationships and development of new client relationships including preparation of project proposals
- Business travel to other Dillon offices upon request.
What you will need to succeed
- A degree in civil, mechanical, environmental or chemical engineering
- Licensed to practice as a professional engineer in Nova Scotia or New Brunswick, or eligible to be licensed within six months and willingness to obtain professional registrations in other provinces/territories as may be required
- A minimum of eight years of relevant work experience in the consulting industry.
- An intense motivation for personal and professional growth
- The ambition to be part of a growing enterprise, focused on technical excellence and superior client service.
- A deep desire to help and guide our clients on their path to success
- Experienced in the assessment and design of treatment processes for small and large-scale water and wastewater treatment facilities
- Proficient in the full range of design activities including preparation of functional and detailed design drawings and reports, contract document preparation, tendering, construction administration and commissioning
- Proven abilities in multidisciplinary teamwork, client and industry relationships, and regulatory agency consultation
- Thorough knowledge of relevant Canadian federal and provincial regulations
- Working knowledge of emerging technologies for water and wastewater treatment
- Demonstrated abilities in multidisciplinary project teamwork and coordination
- Proficient in project proposal preparation and presentations
- In-depth understanding of business issues associated with consulting engineering and planning.
Why choose Dillon
Dillon is powered by people who are technically proficient, passionate about socially important projects, and motivated to deliver superior, tangible results. We strive to remain at the forefront of technology and innovation, and are empowered to continually grow and develop.
We live our core values:
- Reliability: words result in actions that build trust;
- Achievement: do the work to hit the target;
- Continuous development: always learning; always adapting; always growing;
- Creativity: discover new possibilities;
- Courage: do the things that matter, especially when it’s hard;
- Inclusiveness: enabling belonging to draw strength from our differences.
In addition, we offer:
- Employee share purchase plan
- Dillon is 100% employee owned and share ownership is open to all employees.
- A competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision health benefits
- Generous retirement savings plan with 5.5% employer match
- Health and wellness spending allowance, ranging from $200-$500/year
- Generous vacation allowance commensurate with experience, starting at three weeks for junior staff and up to five weeks for senior staff
- Twelve sick/mental health days per year
- Flexible work hours and remote working options
- Company laptop and cell phone
- We oﬀer a variety of ﬂexible work options to help balance the competing demands of work and personal life (work from home, flexible hours etc.).
- Learning and Development opportunities
- As a knowledge-based business, the organic growth of our knowledge and skills occur through our work performance and roles. The creation and sharing of knowledge allows us to take local knowledge to scale, capture lessons learned through experience, and continuously improve service delivery. The development of self and others is an evident and measured core behavior within our organization.
- We use a composite approach to development including coaching to build the how, mentoring to share lessons, advising to round out perspectives, and co-creation of knowledge through internal, learning opportunities.
- Focus on Innovation
- The ability to anticipate, examine, and adopt new and innovative solutions is a crucial driver for the continual and progressive advancement of our business performance. In our culture, people are empowered to reflect and question current practices and seek forward looking solutions to today’s problems and tomorrow’s opportunities.
- Employee and Family Assistance program
- A variety of EFAP tools and online resources to support well-being are available to all employees.
- Goodlife Fitness Corporate Membership
- Our employees can take advantage of reduced annual membership fees.
Dillon is a proudly Canadian, employee-owned, professional consulting firm specializing in planning, engineering, environmental science and management. We partner with clients to provide committed, collaborative, and inventive solutions to complex, multi-faceted projects. With 20 offices and more than 900 employees across Canada, Dillon offers a wide range of services related to building and improving facilities and infrastructure, protecting the environment, and developing communities. Our Halifax office has a compliment of approximately 85 full time staff, and 60 in our Saint John office. In Atlantic Canada we employ approximately 250 staff.
Now operating for over 75 years, we continue to strive for excellence in everything we do. Dillon has been listed as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the past 14 years and has the distinction of having achieved Platinum Club member status in this program.
Employment Equity, Diversity & Inclusion at Dillon:
Dillon is committed to the principles of employment equity, inclusiveness, and diversity within our organization. We strive to achieve a workplace where opportunities are based on skills and abilities and that respects and values differences.
Inclusion is more than a word to us, it is the way we choose to run our business.
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com if you require accommodation in the interview process.
We would love to hear from you!