Water & Wastewater Process Technicians
(6 CONTRACT positions available. Positions based from home and travel into the community. Company offices located in Brantford and Thunder Bay.)
You’re the key to a community’s safe drinking water.
The Water & Wastewater Process Technician is responsible for ensuring the day-to-day regulatory requirements of our client’s water and wastewater control programs meet safety guidelines for treatment processes. If the successful candidate for the position, you’ll report to the Hub Manager and applying your analytical skills to analyze data, monitor local performance against requirements, and make process control adjustments if needed. We’re looking for someone skilled at implementing operations and maintenance practices for water with an understanding on how to use wastewater systems using tracking software.
In this dynamic position, our successful candidate will share knowledge of environmental compliance and procedures that impact the operations of the water and wastewater treatment systems with operations staff. If you have worked with a First Nations community before and have a solid understanding and experience working in water treatment, we want to hear from you!
Our Ideal Candidate will have:
- Class II certification in Water Treatment OR a Professional Engineer registered in the Province of Ontario. (May consider: Class I Water Treatment license.)
- At least five years of progressive proven full-time maintenance experience
- Extensive awareness and knowledge of water and wastewater treatment operations and processes related to water and wastewater treatment.
- Comprehensive understanding of the Drinking Water Quality Management Standards
- Excellent knowledge of environmental compliance and health and safety requirements
- Solid understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Regulations (Ontario), and other applicable legislation.
- Previous experience participating audits and inspections for internal audits, with the ability to respond to findings and make recommendations to assigned facilities.
- Excellent written skills in English with the capability to prepare written technical letters, reports, and procedures.
- Our successful candidate will have intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and has previously used SCADA systems
- Must be physically fit and willing and able to lift up to 18kg (40lbs)
- Valid Class G Ontario driver’s license and a personal vehicle is a MUST as extensive travel throughout Ontario is required
- If you have experience working in or with the Indigenous (First Nations, Métis, or Inuit) community, we’d love to hear about it, as this is an asset for the role.
- Must be available outside of regular working hours for emergencies
- Must be able to pass a Criminal Record Check
- Must be legally able to work in Canada
***This is a CONTRACT ROLE available immediately with the term ending March 2021, with a strong possibility of renewal.***