Please note - this is an in office position in Calgary, AB, the selected applicant needs to live in Calgary or the outlying areas.
This position reports to the Fresh Focus Media Solutions Architect and will work closely with the Software Development and Project Management teams. The ideal candidate will be responsible for assisting in the building of systems including coding, testing, debugging and deployment; as well as creating documentation to describe the custom configuration of applications and operating procedures for utilizing the systems.
- Degree/Diploma in Software Development or Web Development (such as Computer Science or New Media Production), or other equivalents. Minimum 3 - 5 years of relevant working experience is required (if possible, we would like to view your portfolio of websites/PHP applications built).
- In depth experience with PHP, MySQL and web servers such as LAMP, XAMPP, WAMP, etc.
- Experience and knowledge of Object-Oriented Design and Design Patterns.
- Knowledge and experience building APIs.
- Experience with responsive CSS frameworks (Bootstrap, Groundwork) and CMS projects.
- Experience with Relational and Transactional Database Architecture and implementation with complex database queries. Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines to support operational processes. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- We request that any applicants who are selected for an interview perform a code test before coming in for their interview. QA requirement checking and customer information gathering meetings.
- Assist in assessing new software projects and initiatives to support and enhance our existing systems.
- Help coordinate website/application development for multiple projects.
- Investigate and resolve user and functionality related issues.
- Assist in troubleshooting website/software application issues.
- Provide assistance and advice to business users in the effective use of applications and information technology. Verify database and data integrity.
- Participate in daily/weekly Scrum meetings with the project team to discuss progress and issues to be resolved, and coordinate with other staff members.
- Assist in the creation of the system design and functional specifications for all new development projects.
- Accurate project time estimation and tracking.
- Ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, and concisely communicate with other team members and leads.
- Identify opportunities to improve the efficiency of business processes for our customers.
- Be self-motivated and able to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage changing priorities.
We like to employ team members who will learn and grow with our organization, with the willingness to learn themselves. We’re looking for the right fit, including but not limited to; alignment with our core values, skill level, attitude and aptitude. We work as a team, we solve business problems with technology and drive businesses with software, customer relationship management, enterprise resource planning and business intelligence tools. Be prepared for a fast-paced environment, with a focus on team success. We believe in empowering everyone, and are looking for a self-starting individual who’s prepared to learn our product, offer expertise and develop the ultimate business tool along with us.
- Ability to clearly communicate with other Developers.
- Ability to clearly outline and define intended strategies.
- Ability to track and document requirements.
- Ability to coordinate and work with the project management team.
- Ability to clearly offer recommendations, ideas and actively participate in brainstorming.
- Some knowledge of E-commerce implementation and web services (SOAP/XML), or the desire to learn them.
- Basic knowledge of cron job scheduler with PHP.
- Basic knowledge of SDLC (requirements analysis, design, development, testing, deployment, and documentation). Experience with project versioning software (Git, SVN, PuTTY, etc.)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite of applications (Photoshop, Illustrator) preferred.
- Experience with graphs/charts for reporting.
- Experience with AWS