Title: Web Application and Software Developer Kit (SDK) Developer
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Join the Web Application and Software Developer Kit (SDK) development team! The product is a groundbreaking new CPaaS (Communications Platform as a Service) Cloud solution, which is fusing Real Time Communications (RTC) with leading business and consumer applications. The Application/SDK developer will be responsible for implementing web based RTC client software and web SDK, which provides the building blocks that enable web developers to build sophisticated UC clients, to suit specific Enterprise and Vertical business needs. Web application features includes user authentication, managing Voice/Video calls, handling mid-call operations (mute/hold/transfer), multi-party calling, screen share, Instant Messaging, etc and meshing with other applications (Outlook, Teams, Collaboration services, etc) to provide an overall positive user communication experience based on web technologies.
In addition to the developing and maintaining web application / SDK software, the candidate will need to understand the solution environment the web applications are running on, both on the client side (Mac/Windows/Linux) and server side Restful API / SIP Application Server / Citrix.
The developer will:
· Develop standalone UC clients based on web technologies that deliver rich, intuitive and adoptable client experience
- Develop SDK / libraries to extend Kandy UC framework for application developers
- Require understanding of complex technical solutions involving multi-layered architecture and across UC solution portfolio
- Debug and isolate problems with client, whether client side or network side
- Help identify the ongoing evolution needs of the framework, assessing new technology for improvements, and working with management team on estimates / planning.
- After a short period of time, be able to technically lead within this domain
- Work in an Agile mode of operation: assessing feasibility/options (Spike), planning, developing, documenting and testing features to meet a Definition of Done (DoD).
· Minimum of 5-10 years of professional development experience in an enterprise environment
· Minimum of 3-5 years of experience developing web applications / SDK
· Strong proficiency with HTML 5, CSS, SASS and build tools (Grunt, Gulp, Webpack)
- Strong proficiency in Web Application Testing and Debugging
- Development experience in Citrix / VDI environment
- Strong ability to debug / resolve problems
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work and drive development across multi-site organizations
- Demonstrated personal traits: Proactive, initiator, ‘do-it-yourself’
- Committed to learning and growing with the team and eager to take on new challenges.
- University degree or College diploma in technology related field (Computer Science, Engineering, Programing)
Nice To Have:
- Experience with real-time communication, particularly webRTC would be highly beneficial.
- Familiarity with web container solutions like Electron, Cordova, Crosswalk, etc.
- Knowledge in Web Security to harden the application
- Experience with all aspects of product life cycle
- Experience developing a mobile application on either iOS or Android