To ensure Deco Automotive and customers' quality requirements are met by identifying and providing inputs to resolve quality concerns related to welding and assembly.
- Provides instruction and guidance to employees by assisting in solving day to day problems, utilizing the Magna Employee Charter while implementing the policies and procedures of the company.
- Works with minimal supervision
- Responsible for generating and maintaining welding parameter control sheets.
- Trend quality of welds using various measurable tools (i.e. Defect Monitoring, C-Charts)
- Ensures quality of RSW, GMAW, RPW, and FCAW welds according to Deco and/or customers' specifications.
- Work with Weld Lab Technician and Weld Destruct Technician to ensure weld quality is being maintained,
- Defect monitoring, cross section analysis, trouble shooting of mechanical equipment and input parameters.
- Basic robotic troubleshooting skills.
- Duties also include detailing to Supervisors necessary modifications to be made to existing equipment to maximize ease of operation and increased machine performance.
- Maintain a sound understanding of customer's product and engineering specifications.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency in achieving results.
- Establish and maintain effective communications with all support groups. (Assembly, Maintenance, Tooling Material Handling, Human Resources and Info Systems).
- Promote health & safety, high product quality and continuous improvement.
- Enforce all quality and inspection procedures.
- Maintain safety standards of equipment and work area and perform all duties in a safe manner in accordance with the safety policies of Deco.
- Work within the guidelines of the Deco Employee Handbook and safety rules.
- Keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and work place safety.
- TS16949/IATF awareness and adherence,
- ISO14001 awareness and adherence
- Lean Manufacturing and 5S concepts awareness and adherence,
- Other duties as may be required.
Knowledge and Education
- Min 2 year Welding Technician, Welding Engineering degree or equivalent
- Good knowledge of robotic welding systems and robotic programming.
- Good mathematical, organizational and communication skills.
- Must successfully comply with recognized corrected levels of vision as per customer requirements
- Must be proficient in the use of computers, printers, telephone, photocopier, fax machine and digital camera.
- Basic knowledge of Blueprint reading.
- 10 years hands-on robotic welding and programming experience in the manufacturing industry.
Skills and Competencies
- Able to work three shift rotation as required.
- Able to work in various locations within and outside the plant.
- Required to work overtime to meet customer needs.
- Good organizational, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Physically able to perform the essential duties of the position.
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively within team environment.