To perform this job successfully, you must be able to report daily to the company's Ayr, Ontario branch to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified candidates with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Weld metal parts using MIG/TIG welding process
- Work from process sheets, blueprints or other written/verbal instructions given by supervisor to perform production tasks.
- Maneuver large, awkward, or heavy parts manually or with a crane.
- Inspect welds throughout process and use grinding tools when necessary
- Maintain machine and work area in a clean and safe manner.
- Check and inspect operation against predetermined tolerances.
- Work in other areas or departments as assigned.
- Must have MIG welding experience in a manufacturing environment or equivalent schooling
- Experience with Flux Core welding a plus
- Must be able to work 2nd shift: Monday - Thurs 4pm - 4:30am
- Experience with grinding tools, drill press ,and iron worker a plus
- Simple oral communication skills; ability to read and comprehend instructions written in English and complete simple logs and reports in English
- Must be physically able to handle heavy items including lifting, pushing, pulling, and positioning components
- Must be able to work scheduled hours and comply with the company's timekeeping policy and all other company policies
- Must be able to consistently stand for entire shift
- General mechanical knowledge a plus
- Ability to work in a team setting