Tenneco Inc. is one of the world’s leading designers, manufacturers and distributors of clean air, ride performance products and systems for the automotive, commercial truck, off-highway and aftermarket sales. As a multi-national company, Tenneco Inc. has a global presence across 80 different countries.
Tenneco Cambridge has had a presence in the region since 1904, currently employing over 350 people. Our facility operates primarily as a weld-shop, involved in the design and manufacturing of exhaust systems.
Rate of Pay: Starting $21.62/hr (annual increase for first 5 years to a maximum $26.62/hr) as per collective agreement.
Start date: April, May, June 2019
- Operate manual welding equipment to assemble and affix automotive exhaust components.
- Interpret welding process specifications.
- Operate welding machines to fabricate or repair metal parts and products.
- Actively participates in training and continuous improvement activities that promote the efficient and cost effective utilization of plant resources
- Completes assigned paperwork as may be required
- Understands and follows the Standard Work/Process/Operating Instructions
- Complies with requirements and assists in maintenance of the necessary quality standards (QS9000/ISO/TS16949/ISO14001) to ensure re-certification as may be appropriate for the tasks assigned
- Participates in 5S activities by initiating and maintaining a clean and orderly work area, as necessary.
- CWB Qualification would be an asset.
- Read and interpret weld, drawings specifications, manuals and processes;
- Welding Techniques; Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW); Gas metal arc welding (GMAW), Flux-Cored Arc Welding (FCAW).
- Examine welds and ensure that they meet standards and/or specifications.
- Manual dexterity, Attention to detail, and good Hand-eye co-ordination.
- Experience working with thin wall material (preferably stainless).
- 3-5 years previous experience.
Questions please contact: SCrichton@tenneco.com