Stena Drilling is delighted to be commencing operations offshore Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada for a 90-day drilling campaign. There are currently temporary opportunities for 4 Welders, working on a 28/28 on/off rotation, onboard the Stena IceMAX Drillship.
Rate: $48.57 CDN Hourly (12 hours per day) + benefits (medical, life, rrsp, disability, dental)
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Must be fully committed to working safely and to accepting responsibility for the safety of fellow crew members.
- Assist Supervisor in identifying jobs which may require a Risk Assessment.
- Ensure the safe and efficient operation of the equipment and cleanliness of the area for which he has been allocated responsibility.
- Carry out welding, cutting, and general repairs and maintenance throughout the drilling unit as approved by the Chief Engineer.
- Ensure that sufficient stock of all necessary welding consumables, including gases and electrodes are maintained onboard.
- Supervise, inspect and maintain the oxy-acetylene installation and all welding equipment, with the safe stowage of the oxy-acetylene bottles.
- Update their knowledge of welding procedures.
- Notify the Chief Engineer of spare gear requirements.
- Ensure a Fire Watcher is in attendance when considered necessary by Permit to Work.
- Obtain and maintain welding qualifications as required.
- Any other duties as required by the Chief Engineer.
Qualifications, Training and Experience
- Coded Welder. As a minimum, the Welder should be coded to ASME IX and EN 287-1, 6G (HL-045), 4” Sch160, API 5L
- Previous experience as Rig Welder offshore
- 18 years relative experience
- Canadian BST/R
- Regulatory Awareness
- H2S Alive
- WHMIS 2015
- Suit Fit
- Face Fit
- Canadian Emergency First Aid
- Canadian CPR & Defib
- Seafarers Book
- Proficiency in Designated Security Duties / Awareness
- Coded Welder
- Abrasive Wheels
- Slingers and Banksman (Onboard)
- Confined Space Entry (Onboard)
- Communicate effectively in English
Resumes should be sent to email@example.com with the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Resumes should contain the following information:
- Education/Training - Name and location of training institution, dates attended, name of completed program.
- Experience - Name and location of company, dates worked there, job title(s), and brief descriptions of your main responsibilities while in each position.
- Offshore certificates – Please be prepared to submit copies of your certificates and Canadian passport, should you be selected for the next stage of the recruitment process.
Business address: 701-10 Fort William Place, St. John's, NL