Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures.
Under the direction of the District Manager, the Wellness Case Manager for the Program isresponsible for providing medical support when patient or payer requestsrequire medical background. The individual will work directly with the PersonalCare Specialist, the Field Case Manager and patients providing proactive andseamless services with respect to the program by assessing the needs of eachpatient. The WCM is responsible for guidance at the initial point of entry, maintenance calls& adherence support. The WCM utilizes several interactivetools/algorithms that case managers can use to assess and improve the patient'sknowledge; identify patient motivation; techniques to minimize or remove assessed barriers and established conceptson motivational interviewing.
Thisservice levels provide a clear differentiating factor between the program andother patient support programs resulting in increased patient program enrolmentand improved patient outcomes.
PRIMARY DUTIES ANDRESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for guidance at initial point of entry, maintenance calls and adherence support
- Provide support in on-boarding patients to the Program through phone
- Ensure appropriate medical documentation in the de case file, track and obtain information
- Provide medical support when patient or payer requests require medical background
- Provide support with calls confirming patients have started on treatment
- Provide assessments and reassessments when required and requested
- Identify areas for risk and foster proactive, continued quality of life improvement, including but not limited to psychological, life wellness type queries
- Support Personal Care Specialist with medically related patient issues/questions
- Adverse Event reporting
- Adhoc duties as assigned
- Registered nurse (RN) designation
- Requires a minimum of two (2)years in public or private third party reimbursement arena or pharmaceuticalindustry in sales (not required, but an asset), managed care, or clinicalsupport, or related experience
- Patient program experience or previous casemanagement experience an asset
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE ANDABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Call Centre experience an asset
- Superior customer service skills
- Strong phone etiquette
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong business acumen
- Strong analytical skills including ability to comprehend and communicate medical information.
- Proven teamwork abilities
- Ability to make decisions using sound judgment.
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities at once
- Ensure consistent patient services resulting in continued access to therapy
- Ability to proficiently use computer and good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability in dealing with ambiguity
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and in both French and English (oral and written).
- Ability to handle a high volume of inbound and outbound calls
AmerisourceBergen is a publicly traded Fortune 12 global healthcare solutions company and is one of the world's largest pharmaceutical services companies.Canada-Quebec-Montreal