We look forward to your application! When applying, please be sure to put your Full Legal First Name and Last Name for legal and processing purposes.
National Tire Distributors is Canada's leading Tire Distribution Company. A key element of our success has always been our people. As part of our team philosophy, we coach, support and help develop all of our employees to become the best they can be! If you're looking for a career that will challenge you, a job that will offer growth, and a progressive employer, then National Tire Distributors Inc. (NTD) is the right place for you!
The afternoon shift Wheel Assembly Technician is responsible for wheel and tire installation for the Assembly Program using tire machine, balancer, and all other shipping and warehouse related equipment. This includes preparation, storage and staging.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partnering with Wheel Assembly Program Specialist and site leadership
- Provide quality installation and balancing of wheel and tire assemblies
- Responsible for wheel assembly area housekeeping
- Report damaged product to site leadership and the Wheel Assembly Program Specialist
- Designate and organize the wheel assembly area
- Follow all safety training and SOP’s relative to wheel assembly program
- Complete all required Tire Industry Association (TIA) training and all other organization specified training
- Meet scheduled delivery timelines
- Prioritize and pick material to fill orders and stage product for loading
- Provide quality packaging of wheel assembly product to prevent damage in transit of product to our customers
- Assist site leadership with ordering/maintaining wheel assembly supplies
- Assist site leadership with equipment maintenance and preventative maintenance
- Assist site leadership with program reporting requirements
- Operate powered industrial vehicles (forklifts, pallet jacks, order pickers, etc.) in safe manner and maintain operator certification
- Operate all wheel assembly equipment in safe manner
- Other duties as assigned
Experience that Best Prepares You:
- Wheel or tire assembly experience considered an asset
- Possess excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to start, control and maintain a complete process or procedure, while keeping safety and compliance at the forefront
- Ability to carry out oral and written instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work.
- Maintain order schedule timelines
- Ability to provide consistent quality product to our customers
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Build a challenging and rewarding career with us!