Staples, the Working and Learning Company is providing a wide range of product and service offerings to our customers. In this role, the Workspace Design Specialist is responsible for partnering with the Sales Experience Manager to ensure that customers derive a sense of inspiration from their shopping experience. They help to ensure that customers’ working and learning goals in the Workspace Design department are met by connecting with customers through the use of digital tools, sharing knowledge with customers and associates, and partnering with the customer for future collaboration.
The Workspace Design Specialist is a design expert, able to visualize the customers’ workspace and provide solutions. They are diligent in maintaining their customer contacts and working to identify their customers’ future needs. They provide subject matter expertise and training to all associates in the Workspace Design department to maximize sales and earnings.
WHAT YOU’LL DO…
• Provide subject matter expertise and training to associates in all aspects of sales and customer engagement.
• Partner on the assessment of team member selling and technical skill sets and provide training as needed.
• Provide management with relevant sales information, action stock level concerns and product problems and follow up with Home Office as required.
• Provide coverage and assistance in all areas of the store where business needs require and as training supports.
• Provide cash support to associates at the checkout to ensure a positive customer experience.
• Proactively model and ensure the team’s understanding of and adherence to all privacy policies.
• Ensure company assets and physical inventory are secured and follow all loss prevention and key control procedures.
• Ensure a complete understanding of all company policies and procedures related to this position as outlined in the training checklist.
• Identify and communicate suggestions for improvements in all areas of the business.
• Ensure the general cleanliness of workstations, lunchroom, and washrooms for a positive customer and associate experience.
• Be responsible for the safe and proper use of all store equipment and accountable to inform management of any maintenance issues.
• Promote and maintain a safe working environment and follow all company protocols for safety; be responsible for reporting any unsafe working conditions to a manager.
• CONNECT: Work with design expertise to be able to take the customer from start to finish through the buying experience.
• Merge digital/social and in-person experience with personalized elements (follow up, delivery, take-away and socialization).
• Know and communicate all services and promotions offered within the store and Unified Commerce Community.
• SHARE: Teach, coach and communicate new trends, products, and services to sales associates to ensure a seamless customer experience.
• PARTNER: Build, grow, and maintain a customer database to ensure future needs of the customer and company are met.
• Be responsible for the maintenance of the vignette displays within the department.
• Be curious about people, technology, and how our products and services can help them achieve their working and learning goals.
• Be responsible for designing a working and learning space for the customer.
• Consult and inform customers throughout the buying experience.
• Use social media to help design space in partnership with the customer.
• Teach and lead a collaborative learning approach with customers to create a two-way learning environment.
• Provide accurate, current, and relevant information to customers about products and services in store and in the Unified Commerce Community.
• Be empowered to partner with customers to convert opportunities to an inspiring customer experience.
• Demonstrate strong selling ability.
• Demonstrate strong design expertise.
• Demonstrate strong communication skills.
• Demonstrate the ability to engage and inspire others.
• Demonstrate the ability to coach and develop others.
• Demonstrate creativity in partnering with the customer to achieve their working and learning goals.
• Make decisions with integrity that support company guidelines and contribute to an inspiring customer experience.
• Plan, organize and prioritize efficiently to maximize the customer experience.
• 3-4 Years of Retail customer service is preferred.
• 1-2 years in a leadership or supervisory role is preferred.
• Must be able to lift between 5-20 lbs.
Job : Retail Locations
• Successful completion of high school is preferred.