Founded in 1988, VPI has provided working solutions to individuals and organizations for 30 years. We are based in Mississauga and have 17 branch locations across Southern Ontario.
We provide employment programs, assessments and supportive vocational services that help residents of Ontario improve job readiness, explore training and get back to work.
As a service provider for the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU), we facilitate several Employment Ontario programs to help job seekers find work and training opportunities. We also work directly with employers who are looking to hire. These free programs and services are provided at no cost to job seekers or employers.
Full Time Workshop Facilitator (Resource Specialist) in our Etobicoke branch
The Workshop Facilitator is responsible for overseeing the Employment Resource Centre (ERC). They provide information and direction to clients regarding tools and resources within the ERC, and they facilitate individual and group workshops to assist clients attain their occupational goals.
To be successful in this role, you will be comfortable with automation, ever improving processes and efficiencies. You possess integrity and a strong work ethic. You are a highly motivated, results-driven and dependable team player. As a Facilitator, you have a passion for engaging a group and teaching others.
- Provide instruction and direction to clients regarding the available resources and how to use them.
- Coordinate and facilitate workshops, covering a wider variety of topics, such as Second Career, Career Exploration, Resume and Cover Letters, and Workplace Essential Skills.
- Create and maintain a positive, safe, professional and fun learning environment
- Deliver, motivate, and encourage trainees through effective training techniques in both one-on-one and group classroom dynamics.
- Utilize a variety of training methodologies, techniques, learning tools and practices to ensure retention and effectiveness across all learning styles.
- Monitor effectiveness of training programs and offer suggestions for continual improvement.
- Conduct initial resume critique and interview preparation with clients.
- Act as resident expert on all internal and community resources available to assist clients in meeting their employment related goals.
- Respond to client inquiries and provide assistance as required.
- Manage the general operation of the ERC on a daily basis.
- Ensure all equipment is functional and the ERC is stocked and up to date with the appropriate literature from resources in the community.
- Maintain the library of current job postings.
- Backup the Administrative Assistant during absence or as required.
- Post secondary degree or diploma in Adult Education / Employment Counseling or related discipline; or working towards the completion of such with a minimum of 50% of degree or diploma completed.
- Related experience in training and facilitation / teaching, Resource Management and/or Employment counseling.
- Excellent knowledge of community resources and local Labour Market.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem-solving ability.
- Time management and organization skills a must.
- Strong people management and leadership skills (classroom management).
- Proficient MS Office skills: PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook
- Champion a positive and satisfying work environment by living the vpi core values and culture.
- Must have one of the following:
- Diploma in a Career and Work Counsellor Program
- College Career Development Practitioner Certificate
- RRP / CCRC / CRTWC or CDMP /CVP / RVP / RCSS
- The successful candidate must provide a clear vulnerable sector check within 2 months of starting in position
- Must have a vehicle, valid driver’s license and insurance
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their resumes via the link below.
We are committed to employing a diverse workforce and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
VPI is committed to accessibility for all Ontarians. Please advise us if you have any accommodation requirements during the recruitment process.