Watch your career take flight at GardaWorld!
GardaWorld is the largest provider of aviation services for the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA), offering screening services in 28 airports across Canada.
Pre-Board Screening Officers are specialized professionals tasked with protecting air travelers by screening them and their belongings, while exhibiting the highest degree of vigilance and providing excellent customer service in a challenging environment.
Our officers undergo rigorous specialized training of up to 180 hours, both in class and on-the-job in order to acquire CATSA Screening Officer certification so it is not essential that you have previous security experience, training or licenses. We are seeking eager candidates with great communication skills and customer service experience that are comfortable working in the airport's high-tech, fast paced environment.
We are currently recruiting Bilingual Pre-Boarding Screening Officers with fluency in French & English for the Medicine Hat Airport. On completion of training the role is initially on a Part-Time basis with opportunities for Full-Time.
- You are responsible for screening passengers, non-passengers and their baggage using screening equipment
- You are an ambassador for customer service and interact with passengers and stakeholders alike in a professional manner
- To ensure that the screening of passengers is completed efficiently and pleasantly
- You assist in maintaining the flow of passengers to influence efficiency
- You follow aviation regulations and standard operating procedures at all times
- You report all incidents using established communication channels
- Hourly salary: $19.87 - $21.13
- Excellent benefits
- Paid training at $17.50/hr
- Uniform is provided
- Opportunities for additional hours
- Excellent communications skills with fluency in French & English, (both written and oral)
- One (1) year of customer service experience
- Security experience or license NOT required
- Must be a Canadian citizen or a Permanent Resident
- No previous criminal background for which a pardon has not been granted
- Over 18 years of age with a high school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Available to work and commute day and night shifts, including weekends and statutory holidays
- Physical requirements include but are not limited to standing for long periods of time and lifting/pushing/pulling luggage and other heavy items (up to 22kg)
- Fluent in French & English
- Strong communication, customer service and people skills
- Strong team work abilities and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize, remain calm and multi-task under pressure in a dynamic environment
- Alert and detail-oriented
*Our officers must be able to obtain a Transportation Canada Security Clearance (RAIC) and a valid medical from CATSA, in addition to successfully completing the extensive training program.
*The hiring process can take between 2 to 6 months to complete. For candidates who hold a valid Transportation Security Clearance or previously held a valid Transportation Security Clearance in the last 2 years this process may be accelerated.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the position; however, we will only communicate with selected candidates. This will occur via email so ensure to regularly check your email for correspondence from GardaWorld including emails redirected to your junk / spam mailbox.
You can apply only once within a 6 month period. Using more than one profile to apply multiple times within this timeframe will result in automatic disqualification.